We hope you’re looking forward to the long Easter break coming up. We’ve got some ideas for ways to spend the break (which incidentally all involve visiting The Old Passage!). We’d love to see you, and now the weather seems to finally be on the turn, Arlingham is a beautiful place to visit, as well as nearby canal-side villages like Frampton-on-Severn.
1. Enjoy some delicious eggs for breakfast, visit the Old Passage one morning! We serve breakfasts, which are pre-book only, but are a wonderful treat for you, your friends, or the whole family. Eggs are on the menu, of course, in many different ways, including with salmon and crab. We have traditional items like porridge and a Full English – on the other hand we have lobster and champagne!
2. Take a long walk along the River Severn. As spring finally arrives it’s time to dust off those walking shoes and take a stroll around Arlingham and along the River Severn. There are several sign-posted walks. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, pop in for a spot of lunch.
3. Enjoy some seasonal spring delicacies. Crab is good at the moment and so is pollack for example, but a favourite with our diners at the moment are our amazing St Austell Bay deep sea mussels, you won’t taste anything better. They are plump, large and juicy and Jonnie from The Flying Fish (our fish supplier) was even on BBC2 with Tom Kerridge talking about them last week!
4. Watch the Severn Bore – an amazing natural phenomenon. If you still haven’t seen the Severn Bore, you are really missing out. This unusual tidal wave that flows up the river at certain times of year is a real spectacle and surfers often ride the waves, making it great fun to watch. We have a few tables left for our famous Bore Breakfast on Saturday, March 31st. Booking is essential. The Bore is due at 07.52am and a delicious three course breakfast will be served after.
5. Enjoy a romantic evening meal. A long weekend – must be the perfect excuse to go out for dinner! We’ll be open in the evening on Friday and Saturday for the Easter weekend, Sunday we are open for breakfast and lunch only. Mondays we are closed.